Texas Health IT Summit
Focused on EHR implementation core competencies:
- Workflow re-design
- Health IT policy in Texas
- Nursing infomatics
- Basic project management
- Quality improvement
- Urban and Rural HIT Deployment
Sessions led by national and state experts including:
- Health information exchange
- EHR implementation
- EHR funding
- Stimulus funding
- "Meaningful use"
Educational tracks available for:
- Physicians, nurses, health care professionals, government agency representatives and others wanting to learn the basics and beyond of HIT
- Physicians and their staff considering adoption of EHR technology
- Those seeking a career in HIT
Partial scholarships are available for physicians and office managers. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 279-3907.
Continuing education for multiple disciplines will be provided for this event.
As a result of the Summit, participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview of how HIT can change the practices of medicine
- Identify state and national health care goals
- Discuss the benefits, challenges and resources surrounding HIT adoption